- Christian JUTTEN, born April 19, 1954 in Epernay, France.
Married, 2 children, French
- Master in electrical enginering from Ecole Nationale
Supérieure d'Electronique et de Radioélectricité
de Grenoble (ENSERG), Grenoble, July 1977
- DEA in electrical engineering at ENSERG,
Grenoble, September 1977
- PhD (Docteur-Ingénieur) at Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
(INPG), July 1981.My PhD addressed study of artificial neural networks as information processing systems.
- PhD (Docteur ès Sciences physiques), INP-USM Grenoble, June 1987.
PhD contains pionner contributions on source separation de sources and
independent component analysis, inspired by motion coding in
- PhD student funded by a scholarship of the French ministry of research (1979-1981),
- Engineer (microprocessors and computer sciences) at Centre Universitaire d'Education et de
Formation des Adultes (CUEFA) from 1981 to 1982,
- Assistant-professor (1982-83 ) and then associate-professor (1983-1989) at ENSERG,
- Invited professor at Federal Polytechnic Institute of Lausanne
(Switzerland) in the laboratory headed by Prof. Nicoud, during 6 months in 1989,
- Full professor at Université Joseph Fourier
(UJF) of Grenoble since 1989
- Elevated for 5 years as Senior member of Institut
Universitaire de France
, from September 2008.
- Director of the image processing and pattern recognition laboratory (35 people) from October 1993 to December 1997,
Scientific advisor at the French niversity and research ministry, for
signal and image processing, from September 1996 to January 1998,
- Associate-director of images and signal laboratory (100 people), joint unit of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
from September 1999 to December 2006,
Scientific advisor at Centre National de la Recherche
Scientifique (CNRS), in Information and communication Science and
Technologies department, for signal and image processing, from May 2003
to December 2005,
GIPSA-lab (CNRS joint unit, 300 peoples), and head of the Images
and Signal Department (DIS), from January 2007to December 2010
- National and international expert committes
- Associate editor of the journal IEEE Trans. on CAS (1993-1995)
- Technical committees of IEEE societies : Circuits and Systems
(blind techniques) et Signal Processing (machine learning for signal processing), and of ICA workshops.
- General chair of conferences and workshops : GRETSI 97, ICA 99, MLSP 2009
- Program chair : ICA 2009
1992, with Prof. Jeanny Hérault and Dr.
Pierre Comon, I received the Signal Processing best paper award from European Association of Signal Processing
In 1997, I received from French society: Société des
Electriciens et des Electroniciens (SEE), the BLONDEL medail for my
contributions in source separation.
- I have been elevated as Senior Member of IEEE in 2006, and then IEEE Fellow, in 2008.
- I am a senior member of Institut Universitaire de France, since 2008.