!!! The applications are now closed: the expected opening for the next accademic year is February 1st !!!
This two-semester program is a specialty (second and last year, Master 2 in the French system) of the Master "Electronique, Electrotechnique, Automatique et Traitement du Signal (EEATS)".
The French master is 2 year, but when you apply a centralized University board examines your application to grant you, if suitable, the first year as equivalent and at the end of the one-year MiSCIT program you obtain a diploma corresponding to 2 years of studies (Master EEATS, MiSCIT specialty diploma).
We welcome students who obtained (by the end of Spring at the latest):
- at least 180 ECTS for the students in an exchange programme who wish to join MiSCIT for one semester in order to validate specific classes in their home institution;
- at least 240 ECTS (typically 4 years of University studies) for students wishing to validate the Master 2 level.
For students from foreign countries who completed a full Bachelor program of 4 years or more, your application will be evaluated by a specific jury (called the Commission de Validation des Acquis
In order to apply to this master program, the prospective student should:
- hold a M1, bachelor or equivalent degree completed after four full years of University studies;
- have followed basic classes in Automatic Control;
- prove an English proficiency with CEFR (B2), TOEFL (IBT 87-109), IELTS (5.5-6.5), TOEIC (785-945) or equivalent. Students coming from English-speaking countries or/and who had a University curriculum in English are considered proficient enough. If you don't have the opportunity to take the test in your home University, an English test is organized during the first week of the classes, to check the level of everyone.
To subscribe, you should follow the instructions given
- first fill in your personal information;
- on screen N°2 PROGRAMMES OFFERED, select first ``Electronics, automatism signal processing'', then:
- ``MASTER 2 ELECTRONIQUE, ENERGIE ELECTRIQUE, AUTOMATIQUE - MASTER IN SYSTEM, CONTROL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (MISCIT)'';
- on screen N°3 HIGH SCHOOL DEGREE: this corresponds to the diploma obtained before going to the University (typically at 18 in the French system). If you do not have a French "Bac" select "high school degree". The distinctions are: correct (pass) = P, satisfactory (honors) = AB, good (high honors) = B, very good (highest honors) = TB.
- then proceed with the other steps in order to complete your application.
Fees and estimated cost of life
As an estimation of your cost of life in Grenoble:
- Tuition fees: 470 euros (reference for the 2013/2014 academic year), including insurance. Most of the tuition fee - approximately 6000 euros - is funded directly by the French Higher Education Department;
- Accommodation: public student residents 136 euros to 350 euros, private studio 300 euros to 500 euros;
- Food: public student restaurant 200 euros to 250 euros.
- For more information and booking, browse the CROUS website
Several financial ressources are available for foreign students with excellent accademic background:
- Students with excellent accademic records and highly interested in pursuing a Ph.D. thesis with a lab in Grenoble can apply to the UJF predoc or to the Persyval-lab predoc scholarships!
- Eiffel scholarships for foreign students.
A special procedure at UJF allows us to evaluate the Eiffel applications before the Eiffel deadline. Please be aware that there are very few scholarships available (1 or 2 per year for the whole UJF). Please complete your Eiffel application as soon as possible and send it to the head of the Master program (including transcripts, motivation letter and recommandation letters).
- Scholarships "Accueil sup" offered by Region Rhone-Alpes
- More on Campus France
- Beginning of classes: September 1st (expected).