Education & Ph.D Training
Grenoble Summer schools
- Modelling, Prediction and Control of Traffic Systems (2016).
- Advanced Vehicle Control (2002), 135 participants.
- Modeling and Control of Electrical Drivers (1999) (2 Volumes), with 60 participants (Hermes: Vol.1, and Vol.2.)
- Robot Control Theory (1992), 115 participants (resulting in a book published by Springer. ( Book sample )
I have suppervised several Ph. D. students (see list below), Post-docs, and Master’s degree students. More than half of the Ph.Ds have joined academic circles (i.e. France, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Venezuela, France), among which some of them are now associated professors at the University of Grenoble (N. Fixot’94, H. Khennouf’96, E. Wiltrant’06, J-J. Ramirez’07, L. Brinon'11), Others have obtained positions in the various industrial fileds, i.e. Renault (X. Clayes’94, P. Dolcini’96), Altran (V. Chiarla’13), IFPER (L. De Leon’14), McLaren Racing F1 (R. Ceccarelli’12) and created startups (D. Jacquet’97, Karrus-ITS).
- Ujjwal Pratap'22— Estimation and control for resilience in large-scale network systems
- Liudmila Tumash'21—Traffic control in large-scale urban networks
- Denis Nikitin'21—Scalable Large-Scale Control of Network Aggregates
- Muhammad Umar B Niazi'21— Aggregated Monitoring of Large-scale Network Systems and Control of Epidemics
- Martin Rodriguez Vega'21— Optimal Sensor Placement And Density Estimation In Large-Scale Traffic Networks.
- Bassel Othman'21—Variable speed limits and signalized access control in an urban road network for improved environmental sustainability
- Nicolas Martin'20—Network partitioning algorithms with scale-free objective
- Stéphane Mollier'20—Two-dimensional macroscopic models for large scale traffic networks
- Andres Ladino Lopez'18—Estimation in large-scale urban networks.
- Pietro Grandinetti'17— Control of large traffic networks
- Simon Gerwig'17—Collaborative and resilient control for hydro-power generators
- Giovanni de Nuzio'15—Control of communicating vehicles in urban environment
- Ruggero Fabbiano'15— Collaborative source localization control for diffusion process
- Dominik Pisarski’14— Collaborative Ramp Metering Control : Application to Grenoble South Ring.
- Luis Leon Ojeda’14 —Macroscopic modeling, travel demand and flow prediction for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Valentina Ciarla’13—Control of an Electronic Power Steering system for people with reduced mobility
- Nicolas Cardoso de Castro’12—Energy-aware communication and control co-design for networked control systems
- Lara Brinon Aranz’11— Cooperative control design for a ﬂeet of AUVs under communication constraints
- Riccardo Ceccarelli’12— Model-based fault detection in Diesel engines air-path
- Carolina Albea-Sanchez’10— Control Design for Electronic Power Converters
- Denis Jacquet'06—Macroscopic Freeway Modelling and Control
- Pietro Dolcini'06—Contribution to the clutch confort
- Julian Coudon'06—Algorithmes de Commande Pour Le Pilotage d'Une Direction Découplée
- Emmanuel Witrant '05—Stabilisation des systèmes commandés par réseaux
- Ahmed Attia '05— Stabilization of hybrid systems: application to electrical networks systems
- John.-Jairo Martinez '05—Commande de l'inter-distance entre deux véhicules
- Jean Mathieu '04—Control of under-actuated systems with uniterateral constraints
- Claudio Urrea '03—Control of a walking robot
- A. Youssef '03—Contributions to the control of synchronous and asynchronous AC motors
- Xavier Clayes 01— Commande latérale des véhicules automobiles: application à la conduite en peloton des poids lourds
- Ernesto Olguin' 99—Position and force control of robots with mobile base; application to underwater robot VORTEX
- L.aurence Rousell '98— Bipedes robot control
- José Ramirez '98—Optimal-energy control of inductions motors
- Pablo. Lischinsky '97—Friction modeling and compensation: application to hydraulic motors
- Ange Ndoudi-Likoho '97—Nonlinear Control for wheeled multi-body vehicles.
- Hayatte. Khennouf '95)—Stabilization of mechanical systems with nonholonomic constraints
- P. Orhant '94 —Control of an articulated hand
- Isac. Selem '94—Control of a robot manipulator with induction motors
- Agnès Aubin '91—Modernization, identification and control of a 4-DOF maintenance robot
- Nathalie Fixot '90—Control of a robot manipulator via estate estimation